Thursday, July 17, 2008

Welcome to the Blog


Hello and welcome to my first blogging experience. I decided to start this blog in hopes of getting people to come and look at my jewelry on etsy. I have never blogged before and I am looking forward to seeing how it works out.

So lets get down to the point. I am 27 years old and live in Salem, OR with my husband Billy Wasson Jr. My name is Jessica Wasson. I am a current student and am going for a BA in Elementary Education. I currently work (on call) at a local bead store. I had some customers, co-workers and friends tell me that I should look at selling some of my stuff. From there a co-worker told me how successful she was on etsy.com. I tried it out, but I have yet to sell anything. I wear my jewelry to get it some attention, I gave out business cards and I emailed everyone I knew, yet no luck.

Of course I want to sell my stuff, but not for money, more for recognition. I work hard on my pieces and I love to see people wearing them. I give jewelry to friends and family for holidays and love it when they open it and smile.

One thing I do do is make my jewelry cheap in price. I like having things that people in any income can afford. This means silver plated metal instead of sterling silver, but it means more people can have it. Not to mention I am a starving student and I love to wear jewelry, but I can't afford to buy it at department stores,

The other reason I have this blog is because I need more feedback on my work. I don't mind if it is negative. I just want to know what the general public thinks. What can I improve on? What would you like to see? I appreciate everyone who stops by here to read the words of one woman in a sea of people. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thanks for dropping by.
Check my out on etsy.com under seller id: JessicaWasson. Feel free to email me as well at Jessica_red_sun@yahoo.com.

Jessica Wasson

No comments: